But I wasn't completely idle on vacation -- I made many an online purchase to prepare for my journey! Some directly related to service, some not so much... List of arrivals follows:
- Betty Azar, Fundamentals of English Grammar Third Edition
- Joanna Baker & Heather Westrup, The English Language Teacher's Handbook
- The Lonely Planet's Russia, Ukraine & Belarus
- Andrew Wilson, The Ukrainians: Unexpected Nation (a lengthier, more detailed version of the Borderlands book I'm currently reading)
- Wendy Moffat, A Great Unrecorded History: A New Life of E. M. Forster (yes, even after surviving an honors thesis on him, I'm still fascinated by Forster -- this new bio is for fun and possible future scholarship)
- DVDs: Out of Africa 25th Anniversary Edition (it's one of my favorite movies ever, and will definitely accompany me to Ukraine in some form or another); P90X "Core Synergistics" & "Interval X Plus / Abs/Core Plus" (to keep me in shape if other forms of exercise aren't readily available -- I'm also taking my yoga mat)
No comments:
Post a Comment