If you've looked at the news in the past few days, you're probably aware of the hundreds of wildfires spreading across southwestern Russia. (Here's an article, if you want to know more, and here's another one) It's the hottest summer on record there. Essentially, Russia has banned grain exports in order to be able to feed their own people. The air in Moscow is smoggy and smoky.
Now I know that Russia is not Ukraine. But it's been hot in Ukraine, too. The current PCVs I've been corresponding with all say, "don't forget to pack your summer clothes as well as your winter ones!" Note taken. Southwestern Russia is not too far from Ukraine, so I hope that these wildfires stop spreading soon.
I'll try to start reading some Ukrainian news soon, so I can share what's going on in the country that will be my home for more than two years.
No comments:
Post a Comment